Team Incredible Birding are leaders for Bhutan specialising in wildlife and bird watching tours. we offer the finest native bird photography and natural history photography tours in the country. At our company, we strive to foster the public perception of the value of pristine Bhutanese natural environment and preserving them for our future generations.
• Picturesque and spectacular scenery: endless tracts of Himalayan forest along snow-capped mountain ranges
• Superb birding! Over 250 species including birds extremely rare elsewhere – monals, tragopans, trogons, Ibisbill and more
• Wonderful cultural and travel experience: timeless birding in the land of the Thunder Dragon
• Visit impressive palaces and monasteries including the iconic Tiger’s Nest Monastery
On our birding and wildlife photography tours we commit to deliver the best photographs of the many species of birds and wildlife in their magnificent natural habitat. We maintain consistent trails during our tours that enable us to invest sufficient time to take better photographs and not necessarily record the number. When taking photographs quality sighting is necessary and that is what we aim for.
Tours can be arranged as per your demand however on most occasions we assign a professional birding guide to assist you in finding and identifying your bird. The main focus of these tours remains bird photography however wildlife in general and beautiful landscapes is part of the whole adventure.
On a typical day in this mountain wonderland, you will find yourself in breathtaking surroundings looking for legendary species in pristine and seemingly endless forests, with mighty Himalayan peaks towering in the distance – all in all, Bhutan is a destination like no other! Traversing dramatic mountain passes adorned with brightly coloured prayer flags and chortens (temples), some of the birds we will specifically target include the resplendent Himalayan Monal, Satyr Tragopan, Blood Pheasant, Rufous-necked Hornbill, Ward’s Trogon, Beautiful Nuthatch, Himalayan Cutia – and a whole host of other spectacular species beside! In addition, we’ll be among the very first foreign birders to explore the relatively new Bomdeling Wildlife Sanctuary, refuge for about 150 overwintering Black-necked Cranes and scores of other great Himalayan species, making this a true venture of discovery!
Best Time to go : March/April
Black-necked Crane, Himalayan Monal, Blood Pheasant, Ibisbill, Ward’s Trogon, Long-billed Plover, Rufous-necked Hornbill, Beautiful Nuthatch, Rufous-throated Wren-Babbler, Coral-billed Scimitar Babbler, Black-headed Shrike-Babbler, Fire-tailed Myzornis, Mrs. Gould’s Sunbird, Himalayan Cutia, Spotted Laughingthrush, Darjeeling Woodpecker, Himalayan White-browed Rosefinch and a number of Parrotbills
Yellow-throated Marten, Black Giant Squirrel, Large-eared Pika, chance for Himalayan Black Bear, Musk Deer.
Habitats Covered during photography
low to high elevation forests (including bamboo, coniferous & mixed broad-leafed), pastures, wetlands, rocky slopes, rivers
warm to temperate and cold, some rain possible
Max Group Size : 8 with two incredible Birding scouts.
Other Attractions : Buddhist culture, incredible mountain scenery and magnificent forests, a land little touched by time, possible visits to dzongs (temple-fortresses)
CANCELLATIONS DUE TO WEATHER:
Our tours are dependant on weather and sea conditions so sometimes we need to cancel this tour due to winds in the main whale habitat area. Make sure to provide us with your contact details upon booking so we can contact you as soon as possible regarding any changes to your tour!
- Boarding and lodging for Tour duration
- All local fees
- All planned activities and excursions as per the itinerary
- Services of a Photography Scout from Incredible Birding
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED?
- All airfare and transfer expenses
- Any extra accommodation availed of outside the itinerary, before or after the Tour
- Visa expenses
- Any kind of personal expenses or optional tours, extra meals and beverages ordered
- Insurance, laundry and phone calls
- Soft drinks and alcoholic beverages
- Tips and gratuities
- Anything that is not included in the inclusions list
- All applicable taxes
- Atleast 50% of the Tour fee as booking amount (non-refundable)
- Atleast 80% of the Tour fee before six months of the expedition date.
- Remainder of the Tour fee before 2 months .
All figures per person.
- 20% of the of the Tour fee on or before 45 months prior to trip.
- 50% of the Tour fee on or before 15 days prior to trip .
- 100% of the Tour fee on or Before 7 days prior to trip .
All figures per person based on total amount of trip.
For Detailed schedule and day wise activities please send an email to our representatives .
Trip will start from Sattal/kathgoam/delhi where participants will arrive from various places , and trip will end at Same destination .
Photo gallery From Bhutan Region