COSTA RICA IS HOME TO MORE THAN 5% OF THE WORLD’S BIODIVERSITY
The country’s territory takes up only 0.03% of the world’s land, but despite the relatively small area, it is home to more than 5% of the total biodiversity in the world.
The government is also working hard to preserve the rainforest and national parks around the country.
With over 900 species of birds, including the elusive resplendent quetzal, and the colourful keel-billed toucan, Costa Rica has so much o offer in a tiny portion of land that barely reach the 21.000 square miles.
On this tour, we will be visiting the northern plains in Costa Rica, rich in wildlife as they are part of several natural corridors and it’s lose to a protected area where our first lodge is located. It’s no secret that Costa Rica has been a leader in conservation in recent ears and the number of protected areas encompass 25% of its total landmass making this Central American country one of the richest in terms of biodiversity. A country with no standing army since 1948 and the 5% of the world’s diversity is a perfect lace to elp ou bring variety and colour to our portfolio.
If you arrive early then no problem as the hotel’s garden is the right place to practice with your macro lens as the number of native and exotic flowers will keep you busy! At night, we will meet at a conference room to :et to know each other and then will eat dinner dinner for first night not included in the rice
e will begin this photo tour by heading towards the northern plains where will will spend the next three nights, then will move to a cooler area surrounded by lush rainforest where many birds and mammals can be photographed. We then will travel to Costa Rica’s Highlands where the beautiful resplendent quetzal can be found. The number of species is too large to count but we will end up with great number of keepers that will enhance our portfolio. We will be traveling in an altitudinal gradient that goes from 30 mts above the sea level up to 3000mts. in elevation.
- 11 nights and 12 days in a Central American paradise.
- Strategies for successful tropical photography: Glenn has spent over a year and a half photographing wildlife in the tropics. Throughout the workshop Glenn or Jess will share tips and tricks that he has learned along the way.
- Lots of high quality, exciting birding in relatively easy conditions
- Multi-flash Hummingbird Photography: Learn techniques to use 4-6 flashes to achieve otherwise impossible flight photographs of these flying jewels.
- Private meet and greet at the Juan Santa Maria (San Jose) International Airport.
- Using flash effectively as a source of fill light: Because tropical regions are often cloudy – it is extremely important to learn how to use flash – either as fill or as a main source of light. Participants will also learn how to do set-ups for birds using more than one flash. These skills can easily be taken home and applied in your very own backyard!
- Macro photography of tropical insects and frogs: At each of our locations there will also be opportunities to find and photograph an amazing diversity of colourful frogs, butterflies and insects.
- Spectacular landscape photography: The rainforests of Costa Rica are spectacular places and the opportunities for landscape photography are superb. We will also keep our fingers crossed for a clear day up in the mountains where we may be able to create beautiful mountain images.
- Digital Workshops: During the evenings for those who wish to participate, we will have image review sessions and talk about techniques and what we can expect to see the next day. In these post processing workshops participants will have ample opportunities to improve skills in Adobe Photoshop. Guided by Rahul And Khushboo , participants can learn how to take their images from straight out-of-the-camera RAW images to stunning final works of art.
- A truly well-rounded experience with a variety of animals to photograph
- Exquisite landscape photography opportunities in cloud forests
- Amazingly high diversity in such a small area, in comfortable surroundings and protected areas
- Multi-flash Hummingbird Photography: Learn techniques to use 4-6 flashes to achieve otherwise impossible flight photographs of these flying jewels. What makes this workshop special is that Glenn or Jess will be sharing their techniques for taking multi-flash images that actually look natural (unlike most others out there).
- Attracting birds to a perch setup: Participants will learn strategies to attract birds to a given perch and how to achieve images that have attractive light, an outstanding perch and a smooth background.
WHY TRAVEL TO COSTA IN RAHUL Et KHUSHBOO WORKSHOPS ?
- Rahul focuses on more personalized attention,instruction and guidance.
- Khushboo and rahul are regarded one of the India’s top professional photographers in bird photography.
- Team Incredible Birding often utilizes local guides with years of experience in their home areas.
- Rahul And Khushboo has more experience in bird photography than any one else in India. They has been to the places that they will take you – not for a week or two – but for months!! they knows where to get the best possible images and can show you how to achieve them.
- At the end of the day Our goal is simple – To give you the best possible photographic workshop.
- All expert photo instruction
- Local guides and drivers.
- All entrance fees to natural areas visited
- All accommodations, based on double occupancy
- All meals from the first morning of the tour to departure day
- Land transportation during workshop
- Airport transfers to hotel
- Bottled water for the duration of the workshop
Price does not include:
- International airfare to place of tour origin (San Jośe)
- Any additional nights accommodation outside of the tour dates
- Meals while in San Jose at the arrival hotel (arrival night)
- Additional tips for staff such as guides and camp staff
- Fees for passport, visas, immunisations and insurance
- Bar bills at lodges
- Laundry, phone and other items of a personal nature
- Cost of hospitalisation and evacuation if necessary
It is recommended that each participant bring the following equipment:
- A digital SLR and a lens of 300mm or greater.
- A wide angle lens (if you are interested in landscape photography)
- A tripod is highly recommended
- A flash or two (if you have more than one)
- Better beemer
- Flash bracket
- extra batteries .
Group Size – Six to eight with one or two Incredible Birding Scout .
CANCELLATIONS DUE TO WEATHER:
Our tours are dependant on weather and sea conditions so sometimes we need to cancel this tour due to winds in the main whale habitat area. Make sure to provide us with your contact details upon booking so we can contact you as soon as possible regarding any changes to your tour!
Best Month to visit : November to March
- Boarding and lodging for Tour duration
- All local fees
- Post processing workshop
- All planned activities and excursions as per the itinerary
- Services of a Photography Scout from Incredible Birding
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED?
- All airfare and transfer expenses
- Any extra accommodation availed of outside the itinerary, before or after the Tour
- Visa expenses
- Any kind of personal expenses or optional tours, extra meals and beverages ordered
- Insurance, laundry and phone calls
- Soft drinks and alcoholic beverages
- Tips and gratuities
- Anything that is not included in the inclusions list
- All applicable taxes
- Atleast 50% of the Tour fee as booking amount (non-refundable)
- Atleast 80% of the Tour fee before six months of the expedition date.
- Remainder of the Tour fee before 2 months .
All figures per person.
- 20% of the of the Tour fee on or before 45 months prior to trip.
- 50% of the Tour fee on or before 15 days prior to trip .
- 100% of the Tour fee on or Before 7 days prior to trip .
All figures per person based on total amount of trip.
For Detailed schedule and day wise activities please send an email to our representatives .
Trip will start from San Jośe where participants will arrive from various places , and trip will end at Same destination .
Photo gallery From Costa Rica Region