Team Incredible Birding are pioneers of Himalayan region , with more than 300+ successful trips to Himalayas , we know exactly know all trades of photography in this region .
Chopta is around 225 kms from Dehradun with comfortable roads that travel along the rivers of Ganga, Alaknanda and Mandakini. The entire region is a haven of beauty, a good place to relax, without the hustle and bustle of a typical tourist hotspot and gaze in awe at the many peaks located a short distance away from the valley.
For bird lovers it is a part of the Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary replete with lush green meadows and lined by Pine, Fir, Deodar and Rhododendron trees. It is popularly known as the mini Switzerland of India. Chopta is located in the State of Uttarakhand, lying in the Western Himalayan mountain ranges at an altitude of 2600 meters MSL. Though it is situated near a popular pilgrim spot, it has recently shot to fame due to its abundant birdlife and ease of birding. The small hamlet provides some mesmerising views of the imposing Himalayan ranges and grassy slopes. The Best season for birding in Chopta valley is between November to May.
Being a birding hotspot, Chopta serves birds on a platter which includes a number of Western Himalayan birds, especially the star attraction being the colourful Himalayan Monal and the elusive very shy Koklass Pheasant. Various species of Laughing thrushes White-throated, Striated, Streaked, Variegated, Sunbirds: Mrs. Gould’s, Green-tailed, Black-throated, Flycatchers :Ultramarine, Verditer, Blue throated, Rufous gorgeted, Woodpeckers :Rufous bellied, Grey headed, Nuthatch: White tailed and Chestnut bellied, Treecreepers, Thrushes, Grosbeaks, Tits, Warblers just to name a few.
Best Time of the Year – October to April
Minimum Number of days required for trip – 5
Location – Chopta is around 225 kms from Dehradun with comfortable roads that travel along the rivers of Ganga, Alaknanda and Mandakini. The entire region is a haven of beauty, a good place to relax, without the hustle and bustle of a typical tourist hotspot and gaze in awe at the many peaks located a short distance away from the valley.
Group Size – Six to eight with one or two Incredible Birding Scout .
Vehicle Used – Toyota Innova
CANCELLATIONS DUE TO WEATHER:
Our tours are dependant on weather and sea conditions so sometimes we need to cancel this tour due to winds in the main whale habitat area. Make sure to provide us with your contact details upon booking so we can contact you as soon as possible regarding any changes to your tour!
- Boarding and lodging for Tour duration
- All local fees
- All planned activities and excursions as per the itinerary
- Services of a Photography Scout from Incredible Birding
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED?
- All airfare and transfer expenses
- Any extra accommodation availed of outside the itinerary, before or after the Tour
- Visa expenses
- Any kind of personal expenses or optional tours, extra meals and beverages ordered
- Insurance, laundry and phone calls
- Soft drinks and alcoholic beverages
- Tips and gratuities
- Anything that is not included in the inclusions list
- All applicable taxes
- Atleast 50% of the Tour fee as booking amount (non-refundable)
- Atleast 80% of the Tour fee before six months of the expedition date.
- Remainder of the Tour fee before 2 months .
All figures per person.
- 20% of the of the Tour fee on or before 45 months prior to trip.
- 50% of the Tour fee on or before 15 days prior to trip .
- 100% of the Tour fee on or Before 7 days prior to trip .
All figures per person based on total amount of trip.
For Detailed schedule and day wise activities please send an email to our representatives .
Trip will start from Sattal/kathgoam/rishikesh/dehradun where participants will arrive from various places , and trip will end at Same destination .
Photo gallery From Kedarnath Region .