A place which has no match anywhere in Uttrakhand and a place which comprises as beautiful birds as the place itself. The paradise for birding the Munsiyari and its nearby areas.
The real experience of birding and the ultimate sightings of Himalayan mountains both are here. Munsiari welcome all who are seeking great beautiful birds in a great place and who just want to lost in the wild and explore the nature and the birding world. It lies into Gori river basin and near to Tibat and Nepal border. More than 300 birds are identified here. The Gori River Basin and Askot Wild Life Sanctuary is important bird area as declared by BNHS. The reviving views of nature and the numbers of lifers in birds is what the Munsiari got for birders . Due to altitude 2300mts from sea level and being close to greater Himalayas, the Munsiayri is blessed with great high altitude Himalayan Wildlife and birds. It’s not only home of most beautiful bird of India but also some of the rarest.
Most beautiful bird of India and one of most beautiful bird of world Cheer Pheasant , One of the smallest bird of Asia Fire Breasted flowerpecker, Critically endangered bird White Throated Tit, Snowy Browed Flycatcher, Himalayan Cutia, Red headed Bullfinch, Pied Thrush, Green-tailed Sunbird, Bearded Vulture, Golden eagles, Grey bellied Tesia, Snow Partidge , Satyr Tragopan , Euraisan Woodcock ,Robin Accentor , Great and Black Throated Parrotbill , Hill Partidge ,Chestnut-Crowned Warbler,Spotted Laughing Thrush , Robin Accentor, ,Great Crested Tit, Rose finches , European Goldfinch and Yellow Breasted Green Finch,Himalayan Snowcock,Koklass pheasant , Long-Billed and Long-Tailed Thrushes , White-browed Bush Robin , Mrs Gould Sunbird .
Best Time of the Year – November to April
Minimum Number of days required for trip – 5
Location – Chopta is around 225 kms from Dehradun with comfortable roads that travel along the rivers of Ganga, Alaknanda and Mandakini. The entire region is a haven of beauty, a good place to relax, without the hustle and bustle of a typical tourist hotspot and gaze in awe at the many peaks located a short distance away from the valley.
Group Size – Six to eight with one or two Incredible Birding Scout .
Vehicle Used – Toyota Innova
CANCELLATIONS DUE TO WEATHER:
Our tours are dependant on weather and sea conditions so sometimes we need to cancel this tour due to winds in the main whale habitat area. Make sure to provide us with your contact details upon booking so we can contact you as soon as possible regarding any changes to your tour!
- Boarding and lodging for Tour duration
- All local fees
- All planned activities and excursions as per the itinerary
- Services of a Photography Scout from Incredible Birding
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED?
- All airfare and transfer expenses
- Any extra accommodation availed of outside the itinerary, before or after the Tour
- Visa expenses
- Any kind of personal expenses or optional tours, extra meals and beverages ordered
- Insurance, laundry and phone calls
- Soft drinks and alcoholic beverages
- Tips and gratuities
- Anything that is not included in the inclusions list
- All applicable taxes
- Atleast 50% of the Tour fee as booking amount (non-refundable)
- Atleast 80% of the Tour fee before six months of the expedition date.
- Remainder of the Tour fee before 2 months .
All figures per person.
- 20% of the of the Tour fee on or before 45 months prior to trip.
- 50% of the Tour fee on or before 15 days prior to trip .
- 100% of the Tour fee on or Before 7 days prior to trip .
All figures per person based on total amount of trip.
For Detailed schedule and day wise activities please send an email to our representatives .
Trip will start from Sattal/kathgoam/delhi where participants will arrive from various places , and trip will end at Same destination .
Photo gallery From Munsiyari Region